Featuring the no step insertion device ensuring a smooth percutaneous tracheostomy
The Tracoe experc set consists of a sterile basic set containing all necessary instruments for percutaneous tracheostomy and a sterile tracheostomy tube with atraumatic inserter.
- The special feature of the Tracoe experc percutaneous dilation tracheostomy set is the atraumatic inserter of the tracheostomy tube
- A unique stepless transition between the inserter tip and the patient end of the tube is achieved by a collapsible sleeve at the introducer tip (fig. 1)
- The atraumatic inserter fits exactly into the tube and bears a safety-stop at the neck flange. After the tube with atraumatic inserter is inserted into the trachea the inserter is pulled out. Thereby the silicone sleeve turns down and the inserter can be removed easily (fig. 2)
- The dilation is carried out according to the well-tried Ciaglia technique.
- The atraumatic inserter ensures a stepless transition between the inserter and the patient end of the tube. This minimizes the risk of injuring the trachea during tube insertion.
- The safety-stop at the neck flange on the atraumatic inserter, avoids insertion of the tube which is too deep thereby minimizing the risk of injury.
- The separately available Tracoe twist tracheostomy tubes with atraumatic inserter can also be used for re-insertion according to the Seldinger technique and / or for the change of tubes after percutaneous tracheostomy.
Percutaneous Dilation Tracheostomy Set
The Tracoe experc percutaneous dilation sets are supplied with the basic dilation kit (Ref 520) plus a choice of Tracoe twist, twist plus or vary tracheostomy tubes. Each tracheostomy tube includes an atraumatic inserter ensuring a steeples transition between the inserter and the end of the tube. These tubes are also available separately.
The basic experc percutaneous dilation kit (Ref 520) is available separately. NOTE: No tracheostomy is supplied with the 520 basic kit.
- Puncture needle (14 G) with Teflon catheter
- Seldinger guide wire made of kink resistant Nitinol with inserter
- Short dilator 14 CH/FR
- Guiding catheter with safety stop
- Tracoe experc dilator with hydrophilic coating (allows easy insertion after moistening)
- 4 gauze swabs 10 x 10cm
Fig. 1 A collapsible sleeve at the introducer tip enables a uniques stepless transition between the inserter tip and the patient end of the tube.
Fig. 2 After the tube with atraumatic inserter is inserted into the trachea the inserter is pulled out. Thereby the silicone sleeve turns down and the inserter can be removed easily.
Last edited on Monday 20th of May, 2013 at 09:00am